Passing the licensure exam is an important milestone in a professional’s life. Now all that there’s left to do is to apply for a PRC ID and license to start practicing your profession.
Today’s digitization of government services has certainly made this step easier, and in this article we will help you navigate the basics of PRC and its online services.
What is PRC?
The Philippine Regulatory Commission (PRC) was established in 1973, mandated to regulate over 43 professions in the Philippines. The commission caters to hundreds of thousands of aspiring professionals taking the licensure examinations every year.
According to their official website,
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) administers, implements and enforces the regulatory laws and policies of the country with respect to the regulation and licensing of the various professions and occupations under its jurisdiction, including the enhancement and maintenance of professional and occupational standards and ethics and the enforcement of the rules and regulations relative thereto.
In short, PRC supervises and regulates the practice of the professionals in the Philippines. It is the commission who determines the competence of professionals by giving credible and valid licensure examinations and standards. They administer oaths and issue certificate of registration and professional license. They also have the power to suspend, revoke or reissue such license.
What is a PRC License and who can avail of it?
A PRC license is issued to highly-skilled professionals such as architects, engineers, doctors, dentists, accountants, and veterinarians. It is proof that you are authorized to practice your profession.
What is a PRC ID?
A PRC ID, also referred to as the Professional Identification Card (PIC), is a valid government-issued ID that certifies your legal authority to practice your profession in the country. You can use it in job applications as well as transactions with government agencies, banks, and other institutions.
Acquiring the PRC ID means that you are a registered professional in the Philippines and in good standing, meaning your PRC license was not withdrawn or revoked.
What are the basic qualifications for the licensure examination?
The basic qualifications are the following:
1. Must be a Filipino citizen, at least 18 to 21 years old
and of good moral character.
2. Must be a Graduate or a Holder of a Degree from a school, college or university duly recognized by the government.
3. Has not been convicted of an offense involving moral turpitude with final judgment by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(Other qualifications and/or requirements as may be stated in the concerned Professional Regulatory Law)
When can you see results of your PRC examination?
Examination results are released at an average of 3 days after the last examination day. But for Licensure Examination for Teachers, result is released at most 50 working days after the examination day. The results of the examination are published in newspapers of general circulation and are posted and can be verified in the PRC Website.
After passing the licensure exam, successful examinees will proceed for initial registration. Please see Schedule for Registration.
How to register at PRC Online portal
- Go to PRC Online Services at online.prc.gov.ph
- Under the “Register” tab, read the Terms and Conditions.
- Click the “I Agree” button to proceed.
- Fill out the online form with the needed information.
- Next, nominate a password and click the CAPTCHA checkbox.
- Click the “Register” button.
How to set up your PRC Online Profile
- Visit the PRC Online Services website
- Sign in using your nominated email address and password
- Enter the required personal details
- Click the “Save Information” and “Next” buttons
- Upload your ID picture in JPEG format
- Next, click the “Select Transaction” button
- Tap on the “Initial Registration” tab
- Choose your profession
- Enter your application number
- Lastly, click “Proceed”
How to schedule a PRC appointment
- From the drop down menu, choose your preferred PRC branch.
- Click “Proceed”
- Check your appointment details
- Verify that you chose the right date and time
- Book your appointment
- Pay for the initial registration fee
- Review your transaction summary
- Click the“Submit’ button
- Pay for the transaction using your preferred payment method
- Once your payment is confirmed, print the Oath Form
How to submit your requirements and claim your PRC ID
- Head to your chosen PRC branch on your appointment schedule.
- Proceed to the Customer Service Center
- Obtain two documentary stamps for your Oath Form and Registration Certificate
- Submit your Oath Form at the designated window
- Obtain the Registry Sheet and sign on it
- Submit your other requirements
- Receive your ID Claim Slip
How long to take your PRC ID
After submitting your requirements, go back to the same PRC branch on the date indicated on your claim slip. Attend the mass oath-taking ceremonies, then submit your claim slip to receive your PRC ID and Certification of Registration.
You will get your PRC ID within the day.
What are the PRC ID Fees?
The following fees are the same for getting and renewing your PRC ID:
Professions requiring baccalaureate degrees
- Initial registration fee: PHP 600
- Annual renewal fee: PHP 450 for every three years
Professions requiring non-baccalaureate degrees
- Initial registration fee: PHP 450
- Annual renewal fee: PHP 420 for every three years
Medical representatives and real estate salespersons
- Initial registration fee: PHP 300
- Annual renewal fee: PHP 300 for every three years
How long is your PRC ID valid?
PRC IDs for all professions are valid for three years. The validity date is indicated on your card. You must renew it during your birth month as well.
Where to claim your PRC ID?
After successfully renewing your license online, your new PRC ID card can be claimed from your chosen PRC branch or satellite office. You can choose a time and date of pick-up.
How to apply for renewal of PRC license?
Application for renewal can be done through the PRC Online Services. Successful examinees will log on to https://online.prc.gov.ph. PRC ID online renewal is similar to the initial registration.
After printing the application form, the applicant will proceed on the appointment date and place to submit requirements.
What are the professions allowed to renew online?
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineer
- Certified Mine Foreman
- Certified Plant Mechanic
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Quarry Foreman
- Chemical Engineer
- Chemical Technician
- Civil Engineer
- Customs Broker
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Technologist
- Electronics Engineer
- Electronics Technician
- Environmental Planner
- Fisheries Technologist
- Foreign Medical Professional
- Geodetic Engineer
- Geologic Aide
- Guidance Counselor
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Master Plumber
- Mechanical Engineer
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Technologist (MedTech)
- Metallurgical Engineer
- Metallurgical Plant Foreman
- Midwife and Midwife (RA 2382)
- Mining Engineer
- Naval Architect and Marine Engineer
- Nutritionist Dietitian
- Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapist Technician
- Ocular Pharmacologist
- Physical Therapist
- Physician (Medical Doctor)
- Professional Electrical Engineer
- Professional Electronics Engineer
- Professional Mechanical Engineer
- Professional Teacher
- Radiologic Technologist
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Consultant
- Registered Electrical Engineer
- Registered Master Electrician
- Respiratory Therapist
- Sanitary Engineer
- Social Worker
- X-Ray Technologist
Step-by-step Guide on using the PRC Portal
Here’s good news for those who were thrown off by the uncertainties of 2020: the renewal of Professional Identification Cards (PIC) without full CPD Compliance is now accepted until December 2021.
Refer to these PowerPoint manual taken from the PRC portal in using their services.
Food51 years ago
Chicken Proben: Beloved Street Food in the Philippines
How To51 years ago
How to Apply for NBI Clearance Online
Food51 years ago
Samgyupsalamat and Samgyupsal Unlimited in Cebu
Food51 years ago
Utan Bisaya: A Staple in the Visayan Cuisine
Food51 years ago
La Plage Club implements Covid-19 precautionary measures
How To51 years ago
How to Cook Ginabot
Food51 years ago
La Vie in The Sky: An Elevated Parisian Dining Experience in Cebu
News and Events51 years ago
Green Day Live in Manila 2020